Ok so have you ever needed a pair of pants hemmed and you didn’t know of a good seamstress? or the cleaners on the corner told you it’s going to take 3 days? or the guy you tried last time was over priced and used the wrong color thread?! or the lady your aunt recommended made all of your pants uneven and then told you one of your legs are longer than the other?! UGH!
Long story short, I’ve yet to get the perfect hem so I decided to take matters into my own hands. There’s a fast, pocket-friendly, thread-less way to hem your pants in minutes! OMG, I sound like a salesman, lol.
Anyway, I’m 5”1’ and I ALWAYS need a pair of pants hemmed. So last week while in Wal-Mart I was literally going isle by isle in the arts and crafts section looking for heaven in a package, lol. Heat-n-Bond Hem was so easy and fast to use. The best part about it was that it was only $1.92.
Here’s a quick step-by-step process of how to hem your pants.
- Try on your pants and mark where you want them to stop (Don’t pay attention to my ashy dancer feet)
2. Flip the pants inside out and place them on the ironing board
3. Fold the pants evenly across and measure the tape to the width of the pants leg.
Note: The material of these pants were heavy so I used two strips but they do have a heavy duty hem.
4. Place the tape in the cuff
5. Iron the pants (press down hard) for about 30-60 seconds on each side of the pants
6. Flip the pants on to the right ride, iron, and enjoy!
So far I love it. I haven’t washed my pants yet, but when I do I’ll give you an update on how it held up. I’m so happy I don’t have to waste $12 per pair of pants to be hemmed, and if I mess up I can only be mad at myself, right?! lol