AHHA suggests goal setting as one of the first steps to living life holistically. I’m a very goal oriented person I’d like to be able to verbalize and physically see my goals. Goal setting has proven to be beneficial in a sense of keeping me on track, focused, and allowing me to feel very accomplished upon completing the desired task.
[[If you want to know more about goal-setting and the benefits of them check out this video (even though it is based on careers, it is AMAZING, trust me) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUslk3jiooU&feature=player_embedded#! ]]
With that being said AHHA proposes the following:
- What kind of lifestyle do you have now?
- What kind do you want?
- Think about what isn’t working for you.
- Think about what you want to change.
- Be specific.
Take a moment now to write down your wellness goals.
For each goal, list all the positive benefits you will gain by reaching your goals.
They also suggest that we don’t leave anything out, no matter how silly it may seem. Remember not to use fear as an inducement. In other words, do not list “reduce risk of cancer” as a reason to quit smoking, even though it may be true.
Try not to get stuck by labeling your choices as either right or wrong. Just choose what is appropriate for you.
Here are some of my goals (free free to use some of these or adapt your own):
- Obtain and Maintain a healthy diet
- Using my time wisely
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Be Open minded
- Find the positive in every situation
- Find peace within myself
- Express my appreciation and love for others more often
- Learn to deal with conflict effectively
- Express myself in a non-confrontational manner
- Forgive people who have betrayed me
Okay so I know some of these sound so cliche but they are things I desire and I believe by achieving them I will reach a higher level of wellness,
What are some of your goals? What are the benefits of them? Feel free to share them with us. I look forward to reading your responses. =)
Love. Peace. Happiness.